Monday, January 9, 2012

Bike n' Bird

Hi all
I am typing this message up after the fact...

On January 5th I decided to head out on my bike to do some birding. I traveled from home along the E and N trail to Divers Lake, down Jinglepot Road, along Labieaux to Divers Lake Park, and then back along Labieaux to home.

In my hour and a half long ride I managed to pull up the following species including additions to the big year...

17) Mallard
18) Bufflehead
19) Hooded Merganser
20) Common Merganser
21) Red-breasted Merganser
22) Bald eagle
23) American Coot
24) Glaucous-winged Gull
25) Rock Pigeon
Anna's Hummingbird
Northern Flicker
Northwestern Crow
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Bushtit
26) Golden-crowned Kinglet
27) Red-breasted Nuthatch
American Robin
Spotted Towhee
28) Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
29) Red-winged Blackbird
House Finch
30) Brewer's Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment