Monday, January 9, 2012

Moorecroft Regional Park

I unfortunately enough had to start my day with a Physics class. I was however, lucky enough that I only had the one class which would take me to 1130 at which point I had decided I would head to Nanoose.

I managed to start the day with another tick for the list just before class while walking through Tamagawa Garden.

46) Pacific Wren
Dark-eyed Junco
Anna's Hummingbird
Spotted Towhee

After class I headed out to Nanoose to the wonderful Moorecroft Park on Stewart Rd. There I Managed to meet up with Guy Monty who was having a delightful time with a group of beautiful shorebirds. Here is my list for 1220-1500hrs in the park.

Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Barrow's Goldeneye
Bufflehead
Mallard
46) Black Oystercatcher
Bald Eagle
Glaucous-winged Gull
47) Dunlin-2
48) Surfbird-137
49) Pacific Loon
50) Double-crested Cormorant
51) Pelagic Cormorant
52) Harlequin Duck
53) Black Turnstone
54) Pigeon Guillemot
Red-breasted Merganser
55) Marbled Murrelet
56) Common Murre
57) Ancient Murrelet
Mew Gull
58) Rhinoceros Auklet
Song Sparrow
Common Goldeneye
59) Pileated Woodpecker-3
60) Red-breasted Sapsucker-1
Northern Flicker
61) Hutton's Vireo-1
62) Brandt's Cormorant
63) California Gull
64) Common Loon

After birding at the park I decided I would head over to Fairwinds on the way home. Sure enough the Mute Swan was there and behind it on the field was a large group of ducks!
65) American Wigeon-approx. 150
Pine Siskin
Glaucous-winged Gull
66) Eurasian Wigeon-2

As i was driving by the Nanoose Estuary I managed to spot the evasive Canada Goose, number 67 for the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment